Sunday, August 25, 2013

Day 237 - A Garlicky Day

Today there were lots of options in the Lehigh Valley.  There was the Air Show at the Lehigh Valley Airport.  Then there was the Wheels of Time Car Show in Macungie, and then there was the Garlic Festival at Bear Creek.  So yesterday I presented these 3 options to my lovely wife and I could immediately tell by her facial expression that the Wheel's of Time was a no.  So that left the Air Show or the Garlic Festival.  Well we went to church, so after the service, it would of been tuff getting to the Airport on time to see any of the shows, so we opted for the Garlic Festival, which made my bride happy.

And we all know that a happy wife is a happy life.

All images are taken with the EOS-M w/ EF-M 22mm f/2 STM @ f/3.5

And the Star of the Festival

Something interesting
Chocolate Chip Garlic Cookies

So many Vendors wanting you to buy their wares
But there were only 2 vendors that were worth mentioning.  The 1st was Mrs MacNabb's Bake Beans. What was unique about these bake beans where they were made from Lima Beans.  Now I hate Lima Beans.  I avoid Lima Beans.  I have not eaten Lima Beans since I left home @ 18. However this woman almost made me a Lima Bean Lover as these were the best tasting bake beans I have ever eaten.  And yes we did indeed by a tub of her beans.  The next Vendor was Taste Artisanal Market for their Rosemary fig infused honey made from local honey.  

Of course what would a Garlic festival be without some blue grass music
and a fiddle player

Then on our way out from Bear Creek we met the Bear Creek Mascot

After leaving Bear Creek I did stop along a country road to get this photo of a working farm
4 image Panorama


Thanks for Stopping By

Tom








No comments:

Post a Comment