Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Day 225 - Walking the Lehigh/New England Rail Trail

All images are taken with the EOS-M w/ EF-M 22mm f/2 STM @ f/3.5

Today I thought I would look at another trail to do my daily walk.  Found that Forks Township converted the old Lehigh/New England rail road into a walking/bike path.  Part was paved and the other part was gravel.  It was also suppose to be a scenic walk above the Delaware river. So I headed over there for my walk.

This was the best shot I could get of the bridge.

The Start of the walk looked promising as there was this old abandoned rail road bridge.  So after climbing up some steep steps, I started to head down the trail.  Well this section of the Trail I would quit call it gravel.  Mind you there were some stones on the trail, but it was mostly mud and spider webs.  Lots of spider webs across the trail.  However, they were only a bother on the out bound trip.  The return trip, there wasn't enough time for the spiders to rebuild their webs.


Well after .75 miles into the walk, the trail then turned into a muddy grassy trail, then after about 1.25 miles, it was indeed paved.  However the paved part was through a housing development.


So how scenic was the trail?  Well to tell you the truth, unless you think a housing development is scenic, the only scenic scene was corn fields.  And by the look of the corn, it looks to be a bumper year for corn in the area.
The Stars of today's Walk

Well, I don't think I'll be walking down that trail anytime again in this life time.

See you all tomorrow.

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment