Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Day 184 - Spruce Run Recreation Area, Clinton, NJ

Well today I had to go back to the Dentist to have the temporary cap smoothed out as it was cutting the side of my tongue.  Not fun as I could not talk nor eat without a lot of pain.  So after that was done, I decided to head over to Spruce Run Recreation area to check it out.  It is suppose to be the 3rd largest reservoir in New Jersey with boating, fishing, camping, a beach area, picnic area and hiking trails.

Well when I got to the gate, I found out that you had to pay to go into the park and out of state visitors cost $10.00.  So I gave the gentleman my $10.00 thinking to myself that I should be able to get a few pictures here.  Well I drove around the park, looking for the hiking trials that was advertised for the park.  Well after stopping one of the park rangers, they informed me that there was only 1 hiking trail in the park and you had to park in the parking lot and walk almost a mile to get to the start of the trail.  So off I went and got to the beginning of the trail.  Now please note that the trail was described as a Biking, Hiking, Jogging and walking trail.  Well as I started on the trail, it turned into mud, then muddy water, to a stream that was about 3" deep.  Also the with of the trail was about as wide as my shoulders.  So I'm not sure what I would of done if a bike rider showed up as both of us would not have fit on this trail.

So anyway I turned back and headed to the beach thinking what a waste of $10.00 and no pictures. so not to leave empty handed I took 2 Panorama images.  One of the beach area (made from 9 images) and one from the boat launch area (made from 16 images).

All images are taken with the EOS-M w/ EF-M 22mm f/2 STM @ f/3.5

The Beach

The Boat Launch Area

See you tomorrow

Tom


No comments:

Post a Comment