Thursday, April 25, 2013

Day 115 - The Rock Church in Easton, Pa.

It was such a nice afternoon, that I headed back down to Easton for some more images.  I stopped at the Rock Church as this is a landmark that can be seen from I78.  The history of the Rock Church is that it was once Zion German Lutheran Church on North Fifth Street beckons like a beacon. It was founded in 1852. Rumor has it that when the Lutheran congregation renovated the church, the finest German craftsman was retained to build the new steeple. Specifications were then sent to Germany. However, this artisan mistook the American dimensions, given in feet, for European measurements, calculated in meters. The resulting steeple is one of downtown Easton’s most protruding landmarks.


All images are taken with the EOS-M w/ EF-M 22mm f/2 STM @ f/3.5

Since the Church was built in 1852, I felt that the
Daguerrotype Method would suit this image:

Then I walk around the block and my Eye caught 
some more art work on the side of some of the buildings







Enjoy

Tom


No comments:

Post a Comment