Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Day 57 - Images along the Delaware River in Easton

This past weekend my Variable Neutral Density Filter for the EF-M 22mm Lenses came in the mail.  So today I thought I would head down to the Delaware Park in Easton to take some images of the Lehigh/Delaware Fork.  So after surveying the area I go and get my equipment and set up and take my images.  Keep in mind that the EOS-M does not have a view finder, I really cannot tell from the LCD screen how the images came out because of the glare on the LCD Screen (which I hope to rectify tomorrow).  So needless to say, when I got home, the images where not what I wanted them to be.  Why do you ask?  Because I thought I new how the ND filter would work since I already use one for the bigger camera.  So I learned a value lesson today:

Rule 1:  When you get a new piece of equipment, test it out prior to going on your shoot.

Rule 2: If you think you already know how to use the new piece of equipment, see rule 1.

Anyway it wasn't an entire loss as I did get some other images while I was there:

All images are taken with the EOS-M w/ EF-M 22mm f/2 STM @ f/3.5
The rail going across the cannel & Deleware
1/250 sec @ ISO 100

A broken piece of railroad Tie that fell off from above
1/160 sec @ ISO 100
And a Love Note
1/500 sec @ ISO 100

Ok, tomorrow or Thursday, back down to the park for a second try of the fork.

Tom


No comments:

Post a Comment