Monday, March 11, 2013

Day 70 - Unique Structures along RT-78-WB

Everyday when I head westbound on Interstate 78, just past the Hellertown exit, there are two interesting structures on the right hand side of the road.  They have been there since we have moved up from the DC area to the Lehigh Valley over 20 years ago.  I have not been able to find when they were placed there or by whom.

Where they built by an ancient civilization to use for worship?  Where the constructed by the crew that built the highway to see if anyone would notice them?  Where they built by the local college students as an expression of Art?  Or where they built by aliens visiting the earth as directional beacons for them?  When were they constructed?  So many question and no answers.

All images are taken with the EOS-M w/ EF-M 22mm f/2 STM @ f/3.5

So 1st off to get to them I needed to walk through the woods:
1/500 sec @ ISO 100

Over the rocks
1/125 sec @ ISO 100

Then looking towards the sky for direction.
Nope, that didn't work. 
How about the iPhone & Google Maps?
1/2500 sec @ ISO 100

Yes Google maps worked as I came into
the clearing and there they were:
1/1000 sec @ ISO 100

Wondering what this unique structures are for?
1/2000 sec @ ISO 100

1/2000 sec @ ISO 100

1/1250 sec @ ISO 100

So that was my adventure for today.  Now will my iPhone and Google Maps get me back to my car?

Tom




No comments:

Post a Comment