Saturday, March 9, 2013

Day 68 - Mystic, Ct (Day 1)

Today I took my wife out to dinner in Mystic, Ct. for our 38th anniversary.  So we left home at noon and arrived in Mystic at 16:45.  Got to the hotel, changed and headed down to the old city where I was taking her for dinner.

All images are taken with the EOS-M w/ EF-M 22mm f/2 STM @ f/3.5

After parking the car, I noticed this boat docked:
1/1600 sec @ ISO 100

Next we headed out to look for Mystic Pizza
We will be back tomorrow for a slice
1/500 sec @ ISO 100

After posing for a couple of pictures, my wife was having a whale of a time
1/320 sec @ ISO 400

We then went to the place I made reservation for dinner
1/40 sec @ ISO 1600

The 1st course was Sauteed Maine Shrimp w/daikon noodles
3 stars
1/30 sec @ ISO 3200

My wife ate her 1st course before I could photograph it.  Her's was
House cured pancetta crudo & Mystic Cheese Co. Mellville

2nd course was Handmade tagliatelle w/rich ragu of pork.
3 1/2 stars
 
1/40 sec @ ISO 6400

And pan seared albacore tuna
4 stars
1/40 sec @ ISO 6400

For dessert we shared a piece of Ginger Cake w/whiskey soaked raisins
5 stars
1/40 sec @ ISO 800

Overall we would recommend you stopping by the Oyster Club for dinner if your ever in Mystic.  The change their menu daily and try and serve local ingredients.   The service was great & they where very attentive to you needs and wants.  As for the food was very good, although a little salty for my taste.  Overall we rated the service as 4 1/2 stars and the food at 3 1/2 stars for an over all rating of 4 stars.

After dinner we head back down to the old town for a couple of more images
4.0 sec @ ISO 100

2.0 sec @ ISO 100

Thanks for Stopping by.

Tom









No comments:

Post a Comment