Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Day 331 - Pre-Thanksgiving Cooking

Today was spent cleaning the house ad started to do some pre-cooking for tomorrow's dinner.

All images are taken with the EOS-M w/EF-M 22mm  @ Aperture Priority set to f/3.5

Started out making my Kale & Peppercorn Stuffing...
Not sure why I cry every time I make this.  Is it because of the many memories of
Thanksgiving past or is it because of the number of onions that I have to chop
for the stuffing?

The final product...
ready to be popped into the oven tomorrow.

Next was to work on the Giblet Broth...
To my surprise there was no liver or heart with this turkey, so only the
neck & gizzard for the broth.

Along with the above, made the Honey Brine for the turkey to soak in overnight, and currently have the candied sweet potatoes baking in the oven.  When they come out, done for today.


Lastly, had a surprise for today...
A dear old friend stopped by and took me to lunch.
He was in the area closing on the sell of his house,
so he decided to stop before heading back to Myrtle Beach, NC.

See you all tomorrow.

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment